Saturday, June 24, 2006

Abby helped me with my design for my project. I had an idea of making a fold out, but then I realized how much of a hassle it would be to fold it out and fold it back together. It would be too much work and unpleasant. So I figured a booklet would work better. THis way it would more easily fit into a jewel case or CD jacket as well. So each spread will have a picture of a person and an information page. I wasn't sure how that layout would look, but I didn't think it would be that hard. At this time the poster ideas were being brought up. I didn't have anything at first, so I went on the idea of an informative poster that took you through the story of being in Japan rather than just shouting out a message.....but that's how posters get your attention. Attention span these days is not much. And unless it speaks loud when people see it, no one will take the time to read it. After realizing this I went for a more in your face idea combining anime/manga style with the experience of Americans in Japan through the TUJ Graphic Design course. Abby gave me a direction with my booklet on giving space for multiple pictures and text on the spreads. I had to now come up with a structure to present this info and the pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home